1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ghosts in my machine

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by cybernia_nyc, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cybernia_nyc

cybernia_nyc Thread Starter

The weirdest thing has been happening. I recently refreshed my laptop and on a as needed basis re-installed my programs. Now when I leave it alone for a few hours, weird things happen.

1) Both Chrome and Firefox open new windows instead of tabs

2) Keyboard types all caps without CapsLock on and when I turn on Caplocks it's lower case.

3) I have classic Start Menu installed and when I click it I get the Win8 apps screen.

4) When I reboot the Win8 screen comes up with various choices as if I was seeking to fix something. I click Continue.

5) When the Toshiba splash screen comes up I have to hit Enter to get the spinning circle dots to get it to start booting up into Windows

6) It asks for my password even though I have that disabled

Any idea what's going on? I have all the power options disabled. The only power option I have enabled is turn off screen after 10 mins.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147008

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice