Ghosts

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Palmal

I have an emachine that I recently formatted and now it randomly turns itself on whenever it feels like it. ???? I have seen alot of problems but this is a new one on me. There is now message, no warning, just turns on and boots up. Any idea what would cause this.:confused: Any help would be appreciated!

Are you saying that it powers up after being switched off? This would indicate that the power switch is somehow being shorted, is the power button or the reset button sticking in?

Palmal

No reset button. One power button located in front and it doesn't seem to be loose or sticky. I did go into Bios and there is option to change power button from on\off option to suspend option but I have it set to on\off.

I still suspect the switch somehow or the cable from the switch to the motherboard has shorted on the case. Open the case and check the cable from the swtich to the mobo and see if there is anything that could be shorting out.

Also check in the BIOS that everything to do with "Wake On" (Lan, Ring etc) is disabled.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts