Ghosty lines and smears on Acer P221W monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

digboy

I've had some ghostlike smudges and lines on the lower right side of my Acer P221W for a few months now and can't seem to find a fix. The monitor was worked well in the past, although both the associated computer is new (roughly nine months now) and running a different operating system (XP up to 7 now). The monitor is connected via DVI.

So far I've:

1) Checked for updated drivers = none
2) Checked all connections for any loose ones = none
3) Moved and detangled any nearby cables from the monitor cable = not fixed

The problem seemed to be somewhat near (but not exactly near) to the fact that I added a new HP LaserJet M1212nf MFP around the time the problem began. Perhaps an assocation, I dunno.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

try the monitor with a different computer ....
try vga or hdmi connection if possibble .....
is there a unshielded speaker near that side of the monitor
is there a reset on the monitor (restore settings)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online