Ghz is the name of the game

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

digitalsinne

Me being a gamer, I'm looking for the best of the best that I can buy. (which I have about $600) I am looking at which would be better, AMD or Pentium. My first issue is that when playing a certain game, my screen freezes, blacks out, and returns with a lot of screwed up colors, blacks out again, and then returns to normal... seconds later an ATI window pops up and slows my computer down. So I looked at getting a new vid card. Which was going to cost me about $300 just to get the one I want. Or I could upgrade the whole thing.
My current computer is an Athlon 64 3500+ with 2x512 DDR PC3200 using an AGP 8x Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb.

For the money I can get:
ABIT NI8-SLI GR Socket T (LGA 775) Nvidia nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition ATX
Intel Pentium 4 640 Prescott 800MHz FSB LGA 775 EM64T Processor Model BX80547PG3200F
1x1GB OCZ Gold Series 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400) Unbuffered no ECC with a timing of 4-4-4-8
and any $100-$200 PCI-e video card. This would be good because when I get paid again I can use the SLI function on my motherboard.

Also, I was reading that the Fatal1ty AMD board was better for SLI than the NI8, would this be true?

Just get a better AMD mobo with PCI express, and a nice graphics card, there is no reason to build a new PC with what you are running now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online