1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Giant jpg pix in Outlook Express emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by BearMom, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BearMom

BearMom Thread Starter

When I attach jpg photos to an email, they show up in the attachment pane below the address. They also show up in the body of the email as super giant pictures. I didn't think that jpg format would do that. What do I need to reset???

2. moper

moper

When the picture shows in the body of the message, how are you attaching it? Are you choosing: Insert, File Attachment, or are you choosing Insert, Picture?[​IMG]
    Choosing 'File Attachment' only attaches the file. Insert Picture, puts it in the body.

Most new digital cameras create photos too large for general email. You may want to resize them first. This is good for recipients that have dial-up or you want to send many photos at once. Use XP's built-in photo e-mail. Good tutorial here, near bottom of page:http://www.geekgirls.com/windows_email_photos.htm
    Note: XP does not change the size of your original photos; it merely creates copies in the new sizes and attaches those copies to your e-mail.

moper

Attached Files:

3. Fidelista

Fidelista

If you want to attach a saved photo from Doc's , My Pictures , or somewhere, and they are big --just try this .
    With OE CLOSED , right click the image --select send to--select Mail recipient --select make my picture smaller. You will have three options for size . OE will open with downsized imaged attached.
    If I am not misunderstanding --this should make attached photos right size. >f

4. BearMom

BearMom Thread Starter

What if I want to send several?

5. Fidelista

Fidelista

I think you could use Googles Picasa 2 . A free photo program , easy to use , and if you do --will open OE by default if you desire, with {highlighted } downsized photos attached.
    >>>> http://picasa.google.com/
    This program will not conflict with any other photo editor --or program you have.
    When I send several large photos at one time--I use this because it easy to use.
    It will also allow you to do minor editing--remove redeye ect.
    Hope this helps >f

6. moper

moper

From the link I provided:Step-by-step: Using Windows XP's photo e-mail

moper

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542143

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice