1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gif 2 Jpg

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by draziwdlo, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. draziwdlo

draziwdlo Thread Starter

Can anyone please tell me if there is an easy way to change a GIF picture into a JPG picture ?
    Thank you,jlb

2. thecoalman

thecoalman

Sure, just open it any image editor and save it as a .jpg . May I ask why you want to do that? I can't think of any reason to do so...

3. draziwdlo

draziwdlo Thread Starter

Thank you . I wanted to post a picture on a web site and they only accept JPG .
    thanks again ,
    jlb

4. thecoalman

thecoalman

Just change the extension to .jpg. It's not the proper way to do it but for something like thatit's the the quik and dirty way. Unless they have a script that examines the image to insure that it is in fact a .jpg they'll never know the difference. It dispaly in IE and Firefox... I wouldn't doubt it works in other browsers too.

5. wilson44512

wilson44512

how do you change the extension on a picture?

6. hewee

hewee

1. open the image and then go to the save-as and pick the format you want to save it as.
    2. right click and pick rename and then add the extension to the name.
    like if it was a picture named wilson44512 and it was a .jpg then when you go to rename it name the file wilson44512.gif to change it into a .gif.
    But I would make a copy of the image first so you can make sure you don't screw up and lose a image you want to keep.
    3. Then if you have a image viewer you should have option to convert image formats too.

7. thecoalman

thecoalman

Go to My Computer, on the top click tools>folder options>view ... Under files and folders uncheck hide extensions for known file types. Go to your image right click and select rename and change the extension for gif to jpg.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484924

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice