Gigabyte 7ixe4 and AMD Duron 1100 Compatibility

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

krakerzak

Can anyone tell me if an AMD Duron 1100 processor will work in a Gigabyte 7ixe4 mobo? The manual for the mobo says it will, but when I tried, the computer would not boot. The screen never even came on. What could be the problem? thx :)

Yes, it should work, as long as the FSB on the Duron is 100mhz. Even if it is supposed to be 133 on the Duron, it should run, just a little slower.

Do you know if either the CPU or the motherboard worked before? Double-check all your connections, and try booting with just the CPU, RAM, video card, and motherboard. Make sure the CMOS jumper is set to normal, not clear, and try to test each part on another system (if you have another available).

krakerzak

I have not had a chance to install the processor again, but I do know that the processor has a 200mhz FSB. Will the mobo still handle the processor at this rate or could it be too fast for the mobo? I will try to install the processor again and I will let you know what happens. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online