1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

gigabyte GA-6WMM7 MOTHERBOARD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by peterg60, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterg60

peterg60 Thread Starter

hi i have a packard bell i connect 1275 pc it has a gigabyte ga -6wmm7 motherboard the computer was running fine last week and now when booted no beep no post screen fan spins hard drives spin the motherboard light comes on ive reseted the ram ive left batt out 24hrs and nothing any suggerstions? thanks
    and also as this problem is doing my head in could i get another motherboard and fit it into my pc tower and keep power supply?

2. bistro

bistro

I would disconnect/reconnect the mobo power cable...seeing if it may just be a loose wire (please do that with the system OFF and unplugged...we would like to see you post back here...:D). Otherwise, have you had any power surges in your neighborhood recently? Do you keep the system on 24/7?

Packard Bell, when it was here in the States, was very propietary as far as their case designs. Not sure whether an off-the-shelf motherboard will fit into their cases. That power supply might be questionable also. You can contact PB Europe here and ask them before spending your hard-earned cash.

3. peterg60

peterg60 Thread Starter

i have took the power supply plug out and back in and still no beep no post screen the fan still spins one thing is that im sure when the pc was off and the main power cable was in the motherboard light was off and come on when the pc was booted up but now pc is off but the mother board light is still on

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/412969

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice