1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gigabyte GA-71XE Motherboard woes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zzamm, Sep 10, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zzamm

Zzamm Thread Starter

[​IMG]

Bought a GA-71XE w/ an AMD Thunderbird 800MHz CPU and 128MB PC 133 PC 100 RAM. New ATX powersupply. I can not get any drive to boot. Neither the floppy nor the internal Hard Drive seem to respond correctly. What am I doing wrong?

All I get is [Searching for Boot Record From Floppy...Not Found] and [Searching for Boot Record From IDE-0...OK] then, [invalid system disk].

To the best of my ability, I have checked & re-checked all the BIOS settings and board jumpers to no avail. Nothing I've done seems to make a difference. Have tried a variety of "known to be good boot floppies".

The HDs, CD-ROMs and Floppy were fine in my old PC but I can't seem to get them to work.

Please respond ASAP. I'm desperate!!!

Thanks in Advance

2. Macky

Macky

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/33753

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice