1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by albert lionheart, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. albert lionheart

albert lionheart Thread Starter

Anyone else having fun with these?
    I have just finished building 6 new machines based on this board and 4 of them have failed to accept the drivers for the sound card. In each case the device manager shows a PCI device with no driver and the sound card is missing.
    2 of the 6 boards are OK.
    They have all be built by me and are otherwise all the same.
    I have downloaded the latest drivers from the web site but this did not fix the problem.

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

Did you install the chipset driver before the audio driver on the machines that have no audio?

On the two machine that have audio, what is the BIOS revision number? What is the BIOS revision on the machines that don't have audio?

3. frankjohn

frankjohn

You might try majorgeeks.com[ drivers] realtekac97. I have had sucess with their site with drivers. hope this helps

4. albert lionheart

Thank you peeps!
    The driver install was exactly the same for all of them and used the express auto install routine. The boards are all the same - BIOS and revisions.
    I was wondering if perhaps it might be because I - as I always do - installed SP3 before the drivers?

5. win2kpro

win2kpro

My guess would be no. I always install SP3 immediately after the OS installation.

6. albert lionheart

Thanks for that - it appears that it is SP3 causing the trouble but not with the audio driver. The problem is with a bus driver that supports the audio driver and this is is what is not compatible with SP3 - which of course as we all know has only been with us for about a week or so. Why cannot these main board people get their act together - this is a commercial issue and I cannot afford to go rooting about looking for patches for components that should work out of the box!
    Anyway - I have fixed it and long before the useless Gigabyte support team got into gear to deal with it - and their reply was way off target as I don't think they had read the question

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/778285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice