1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gigabyte ga-h55m-s2h, i3 won't boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Aixin, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aixin

Aixin Thread Starter

Hi, while in use my monitor image berzerk then blank. At that point I tried turning off computer from fron panel
    but it did not respond. Shut it off from psu switch. Waited round 30 secs and tried to restart. Comp would do consecutive false starts. Unplugged hdd from bus and psu as not to damage and inspected for leaky caps. Waited 5 mins and tried again, could make it to to BIOS but video got scrambled again and then blank cpu fan spinned relly rapidly and shortly both cpu fan and case case fan stopped. Mobo leds on. Subsequent attempts just got the false starts. Tried removing RAM same symptoms (no case speaker so cannot give info on beeps. Leds shine 1, 2 green; 3 orange, 4 red.

Tried my psu tester, all fine but read some posts bt w-tom and figured that meant nothing.
    Multimeter readings
    color / off / on button or false start
    purple / 5.04/ 5.04
    green/ 3.82/ 0.02
    gray/0.10 /5.~, 4.~ 1.~, changed too fast to get single reading
    reds/ 0.10/ 5.02
    blue /0.00/ 11.2
    orange/ 0.22 / 3.23 - 3.29
    yellow / 0.00 /12~ again too fast

I suspect mobo or psu, how can I get the faulty component?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1001527