1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gigabyte GA-K8N-Sli

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Satsumomo, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satsumomo

Satsumomo Thread Starter

Hello guys,

Well my a little over a year old motherboard has developed a problem in which the SATA controller will stop functioning suddenly, freezing my computer and then upon rebooting it, SATA drives will not be detected.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to try to repair it? I've scanned the motherboard and it doesn't seem to have any bulging capacitors or burnt modules that can be seen with the naked eye.

Anything specific I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance!

Refer to this thread for all symptoms: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/658425-system-locks-up-then-hdd.html

EDIT: I just noticed that I didn't finish the topic name, I just put in the model number but did not specify what's the problem!

Can a moderator please change the name to: Gigabyte GA-K8N-Sli Motherboard SATA function: Dead

2. Satsumomo

Satsumomo Thread Starter

Well guess what. Just like in the symptoms described, I am currently posting from the faulty computer, that has been running straight for 15 hours without a hitch.

What could be the problem? A small short around there?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/683065

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice