1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 - Boot????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kloop, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kloop

kloop Thread Starter

Hello, I've got a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 2.0 motherboard but carn't get it to run.

It keeps asking for a boot cd, didn't get one in the box, brought it off ebay.

Is there anywhere I can download the boot file?

Thanks

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, you need to post your exact system config along with what you are doing or attempting to accomplish.

Did you install this board and attempt to boot from a windows install or did you clean install after installing this board?

What operating system are you running or attempting to install?

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Please post the rest of your system specs as well. What OS are you trying to install? ANd what revision number motherboard?

Here is where you can download the chipset drivers and the rest of the drivers once you determine what revision number your Motherboard is.

http://www.giga-byte.com/Support/Motherboard/Driver_List.aspx?Keyword=GA-P35-DS4

Afterr you install the OS the next thing to install are the Motherboard drivers.

as far as asking for a bootable CD, are you trying to install windows from a burned copy of the installation disc? Or are you trying to get windows to load from a hard drive that already had Windows installed from a previous build?

4. kloop

kloop Thread Starter

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    You type faster than me crjdriver

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I am thinkng that you are going to need to do a clean install of windows here. also make sure that your boot order is correct in bios

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK we are getting somewhere. First of all, there are about or 50 or more C2D cpus. Just because the board supports c2d does NOT mean it supports yours. Bios revisions are released quite often to support newer models of the cpu; ie 9xxx series and the 8xxx series are good examples.

Next you cannot install a new motherboard and expect xp or win2k to boot. Vista is better at this than the older os however it sometimes has problems also. If you want to move an install to a new system/motherboard, there is a procedure to follow. Just installing the board most likely will result in a no boot situation [as you have seen]

FWIW, I would do a clean install of whatever os you want; ie vista, xp, whatever.

8. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    If it were a new board from the manufacturer it would have com with the Drivers disc. But a used board off ebay you get what they give. As I said you can download the drives from the link I posted.

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

One last item. Buying a motherboard from ebay [when you can buy a new one from newegg] is really asking for a problem. Ebay might be OK for out of stock ie old stuff like a socket A board however for any modern system, just buy it from the egg; you will be much better off AND it comes with a support CD/DVD.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752290

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice