1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 - Bios backup checksum error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sparsons6183, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparsons6183

sparsons6183 Thread Starter

Hi all,

This is my first Gigabyte board. Anyhow, here is what is happening (just watch the vid):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-jURmpBuTk

So I've left a couple of things out during the video. At first I just got into BIOS and checked it out. I was trying to find what speed the default memory was so I could set it to 1200. However I never made it that far w/o it freezing. Then I guess the BIOS got/was messed up because after a couple of POSTs to BIOS and the "normal screens" I started getting POSTs to the Dual Bios screen. That is when I read to reset CMOS, take it down to one stick of RAM, and then try and Flash your BIOS with Qflash. That is where I was when this video was made. I haven't done anything from here.

Thanks all,

Sam

my system:
    CASE: ANTEC NINE HUNDRED BK RT
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS5 775 X48 RT
    PSU: OCZ OCZ700MXSP 700W RT
    CPU: INTEL C2Q Q9550 2.83 775 12M R
    RAM: 1Gx2 OCZ OCZ2FX12002GK R
    HD: 750G WD SATA2 32M WD7500AADS
    CPUCOOLER: ARCTIC P4 ACFZ7-PRO R
    DVD: LG GH22LS30 22X LS SATA
    GPU: HIS H489FT1GP Radeon HD 4890 1GB

2. Jelly-Bean

Jelly-Bean

Hello.

I did look at your video you posted on another forum.

I can point you to try:

The error points to:

1. Bad or old CMOS battery.
    2. BIOS update.
    3. Disconnecting power from computer without shutting down computer
    Reset BIOS back to defaults and see if that fixes the issue.

Buy a new BIOS battery.

If you downloaded the Q-flash/BIOS update it maybe corrupt try redownloading.

If that is your PSU you keep pressing down and it keeps restarting the computer then you can put that under continualy bad shut downs,this can cause a mulitude of hardware issues.

JB.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/852380

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice