1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gigabyte gtx 960 problems.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Maattanee, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maattanee

Maattanee Thread Starter

Hello!

I just bought a new computer with following specs.

Intel core i5-4690k
    Gigabyte GTX 960 2gb
    Asus z97-k
    Seasonic 520w
    2x Kingston hyperX fury 8gb
    Zalman z9

So,i did build it and all fans (also gpu) are running like they should and all cables are connected. But there is no any output from dvi or hdmi (monitor says "no signal detected")
    So what is wrong with this?
    I had to bend a bit the metal frame of gpu so it would fit to zalman z9 but i doubt it has nothing to do with this problem.

2. Maattanee

Maattanee Thread Starter

Please answer :(

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, have you read AND followed all steps of the guide at the top of the forum written just for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow all of the steps, you will find the cause of your issue.
    Next have you tried booting the system without the video card [using the onchip video] If not, that is where I would start.

Some common problems for new builders;
    1 Failure to attach the 4/8pin aux pw connector
    2 Incorrectly installing the mb. Standoffs not in the correct position leading to a short to ground.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1154197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice