1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gigabyte mobo vs keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bronxblogger, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bronxblogger

bronxblogger Thread Starter

I got a new gigabyte ga-ep45t-usb3p motherboard today and installed it in my case. I need to get into the bios so set up everything and it will not read my keyboard. I tried all the usb slots and even used a usb/ps2 coverter...nothing worked. I have a logitech g19 usb powered keyboard. The keyboard will not operate until windows has loaded and requires me to reactivate my windows. Problem is I need to get onto the internet and without going into my bios, i cannot enable the lan.

Why will my motherboard not allow me to use a keyboard until my os is fully loaded?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You will need to get access to a true PS2 keyboard, enter the BIOS and enable USB Keyboard support, then your USB keyboards should work to access the BIOS from then on.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918662

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice