1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gigabyte motherboard jack sensing problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JeTsEt4R-, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JeTsEt4R-

JeTsEt4R- Thread Starter

My mate just got his new pc. It has a Gigabyte M55SLI-S4 Rev 2.0 motherboard.
    Basically, his sound is not working properly. We have updated all the drivers for the sound and it didn't clear up the problem.

Anyway, all his speakers are connected properly and produce sound, all but his front speakers (green jack). In this first screenshot, it says it's not connected properly.

[​IMG]

So, he changed an option which changed the (green jack) to power speakers, which then recognizes the front speakers, but still no sound.(Screenshot below) We have no idea where to go to from here.
    [​IMG]

Ideas?

2. JeTsEt4R-

JeTsEt4R- Thread Starter

3. erick295

erick295

"According to the result of sensing?" lol

Try switching the front speakers with one of the other pairs. That will tell you whether the problem follows the speakers or sticks with the jack.

4. JeTsEt4R-

JeTsEt4R- Thread Starter

Well the speakers work fine with other computers. It's clearly not the speakers. Need to know how to solve this issue. If not, then we may need to invest in a sound card..

But if we can save money, please help out thanks!

5. kelvii

kelvii

my gosh i have the same problem with a gigabyte motherboard! it worked fine for a year and yesterday i changed the case for my pc (to make it quieter) and now my front speakers won't work

6. kelvii

kelvii

okay the problem has been fixed. on my new case (thermaltake matrix) the front panel audio had 2 connectors to connect to the F_AUDIO on it for some reason and i was using the wrong one. i switched to the other one and it works fine. this one has a jumper to connect pin 9 and 10, and a jumper to connect pin 5 and 6 together refer to motherboard manual for pin numbers. hope that helps. i am using a gigabyte nForce 4 SLI series motherboard.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/580523

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice