1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

gigabyte motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nicola field, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nicola field

nicola field Thread Starter

a custom built machine that i'm working on apprenlty has an onboard sound card, its not meant to be fancy or nothing but the sound is not working but the box definitly says there should be sound but all i get is a beep coming from the MB. how do i found out what motherboard i have so that i can download the appropriate driver to run the sounds bit of the mb. i'm running on XP
    PS the disk i have appaers th have the incorrect driver none of them seem to be compatible with XP and certainly do not make the sound work.

2. shadowcat

shadowcat

If your computer boots up and runs, download and run Aida32.

If the computer does not boot up, you have to open the case and take a look at the motherboard. It should have the model number somewhere on it. (Some brands make it easier to find than others).

3. nicola field

once i have downloaded it and run it what specifically should i be looking for in relation to the on board sound??

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Find the motherboard name. Under Computer -> Summary.

Then go the manufacturer's website and find your motherboard downloads and they'll have the sound drivers.

5. nicola field

cheers will give that a go :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/177674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice