1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

gigabyte nforce board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gaftop1, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gaftop1

gaftop1 Thread Starter

have a gigabyte nforce 7nf rz board, xp 2400, 512 corsair 2100, 550 watt psu.
    ever since i installed this board have had lockups and restarts that i never had with the previous ga triton board.
    has anyone else had problems with nforce boards? thinking of putting the triton board back.

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

I use Gigibyte boards all the time with nVidia chipsets . .

Usual suspects for lockups and restarts:

- Memory . . you can run memtest86 to test it
    - Heat
    - Underpowered powersupply
    - Failing Hard Drive

wrs

3. gaftop1

gaftop1 Thread Starter

ran memtest 86 = fine
    psu 550 watt power king
    case runs 35 c
    core runs 50c
    ran maxtor power max test checked fine even did a low level format which took forever. but 0'd the hdd

4. gaftop1

gaftop1 Thread Starter

changed back to my old ga triton board. everything working as it should now even my cd burner started working right again. hope the trouble i went through with the nforce board is an isolated incident. might try another nforce if this triton board craps out. i'm going to research them better before i buy another. anyone want a gigabyte 7nf rz board cheap

5. user000

user000

I bought the same board and same things are happening to me. The computer restarts while loading windows- EVERYTIME. I have also have brand new memory modules installed, but I guess, I will have to bring them right back to the shop with the motherboard.

Is anyone running this board sucessfully??...I would really like to know how.

6. gaftop1

gaftop1 Thread Starter

do a google search for ga 7nf rz lockup. lots of people are having the same problem

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331087

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice