Solved Gigabyte's Q-Flash Utility Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pctech4life

I have the GA-Z97X-SLI mobo with an F3 BIOS. I have the F9 BIOS on a USB stick ( FAT32). However when I go to the Q Flash Utility in the BIOS and I choose update BIOS, It says WARNING NO DRIVES DETECTED. tried multiple USB ports. Anyone ever seen this ?

Last edited:

Pctech4life

Just because, LOL !! I found out that the USB stick was formatted wrong. It was ext fat and not fat 32. I used EASEUS Partition Master and fixed the issue. BIOS Read the stick , updated the BIOS and all is good.

Last edited:

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Glad you sorted it. (We usually advise not to update the Bios without a specific reason though).

crjdriver

The gigabyte boards with the dual bios [which that one has] are pretty much idiot proof for bios updates. I checked the support page for that mb and there are a lot of fixes included with the bios updates. Do understand that when you updated the bios to F9, you are now unable to flash back to an earlier bios version. Bios F8 [which F9 includes] prohibits flashing to an earlier bios.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online