1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Girl or Boy dogs

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by [email protected], Apr 10, 2008.

?

Do you like girl or boy dogs better?

1. Girls

73.9%
  2. Boys

4.3%
  3. NA

21.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ashes@work

[email protected] Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ashley
    First of all, I realize that this can very with breeds or even just depending on the dog.

However, i gotta hear what everyone thinks on this.

Ive only ever had boy dogs.

A litter of puppies were born just over 2 weeks ago. They are boxers. Best litter he has had in 5 years. hes been breeding boxers for 13 years.

anyways... in the litter there are 2 that just strike me... they both have distinct white spots on their heads. and white paws.

But one is a boy and one is a girl. They guy is gonna keep one of them as well. he likes them both too...

I just donno if i want a boy or a girl...

Suggestions?

2. moonmist

moonmist

Girl dog......... for obvious reasons........

flippin male dog will be humpin your leg every two seconds :p

3. Laura87

Laura87

It's funny you say that. . .
    I have a mastiff, he's about 130 lbs., my daughter brought home a dog from college for me to watch (for a year) she was a tiny (lunatic) mutt. I came home a couple of weeks ago, the dogs were on the deck and she was humpin himlike there was no tomorrow. He was just kinda standing there looking confused.

I have no opinion - I like both boy and girl dogs. :)

4. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Girls

We rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moonmist .................. hugs xxxxxxxxx

5. ashes@work

[email protected] Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ashley
    my last dog was so perfect. he didnt hump anything... he never did wrong but get into the trash if it was left down and he was left alone... or chase dogs that weighed 100 pounds more then him. that scared the crap of me numerous times....

ugh.

6. moonmist

moonmist

/HUGS back at ya :D

7. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

It doesn't matter if you are going to have it fixed as a puppy. If you are no going to spay or neuter, then get a female. Male dogs once they start hiking that leg will mark everything. If he is fixed as a puppy, then it isn't an issue.

8. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

I've mostly had male dogs. I did have a female dog years ago, and she was a good dog......but I just seem to get along better with male dogs. Male horses, too, come to think of it.........but really, female horses are a pain in the ....neck.......to deal with every 28 days.

9. twinofangelize56

twinofangelize56

We've had both female and male dogs..... each at the same time! :)

I still liked the female dogs better! They were more cuddly and affectionate! Or so it seemed in my experience!

The males were nice too, so maybe I just connected with the females better!

I have a female dog right now! She's a Collie/Husky mix and if you didn't know... you might think she was male! I say that because her bark and growl sounds husky--ummm not the dog breed, the sound! She can be an excellent protector and gets quite burly when playing! Her face sure is pretty though! But I think all dogs are pretty.... so that isn't helping! Oh well! :p

10. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

The best dog I've ever had in my life was a female German Shepard we had when I was a kid. She loved everybody until someone became threatening. At that point she turned wolf and would attack. She never growled or even tried to be a hardarse otherwise.

She had one bad habit. She hated Harley motorcycles and the old VW beetle. The sound they made annoyed her and she would chase them. Luckily she was all mouth when it came to that and was just trying to run them off. She never pulled a Harley rider off the bike or nipped a VW's tires or she wouldn't have died of old age like she did. She just didn't like the sound of them.

11. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

BTW, I had to have my two older dogs put to sleep a couple of weeks ago and it broke my heart. Ebbo and Taz were good dogs but Taz was my pick. He was a very funny little guy.

The pain of losing them was too much. I don't think I'll ever have anymore dogs. Taz could have maybe lasted a bit longer but he and Ebbo had spent their lives together and he would have been lost and maybe died of lonliness. I had just spent $800 to have Taz's hip replaced but he was not healthy.

Ebbo went blind and just laid around so he had no life left. Both of them had cysts also. No more dogs for me. I love them but I can't let go of them.

My daughter is the one that took them to the vets. I couldn't do it. :(

12. ACA529

ACA529

Personally I like girl dogs more. I had a great female golden retriever for 14 years. She died in 2006.

What a great 14 years.........

Now I own a yellow lab that is also a female and VERY hyper... she is 2.

13. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22

Either is fine, just be sure to get him/her FIXED ASAP!! You don't need any little half boxer half whatevers running around--so prevent it from happening from the start. :)

14. ACA529

ACA529

I totally agree.

15. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22

Yeah, but if it's an unspayed female, then she'll just bleed on your porch ever so often. :eek: I loved my female blue heeler--she was probably my favorite dog so far, well, except for maybe Dolly--she was an Anatolian Shar or something like that I rode her around like a pony when I was really little (and she wasn't much smaller than my pony either!!)....and she would kill anything remotely threatening, so she probably wasn't that great of a dog for someone in town. Viciousness doesn't really seem to differentiate between the sexes on dogs....or at least not that I have noticed.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702403

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice