1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Give me some summer.....

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by valley, Jan 17, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. valley

valley Thread Starter

I am freezing. I am sick of having to don long johns, jeans, flannel shirt with a turtlenecks, 2 prs socks, ski pants, a parka, boots, a big ole hat with ear flaps, mittens, partical mask and scarf just to take a 60 second walk out to the mailbox. :mad: I slipped and fell once and stayed there for an eternity before I could get up because of the gear I had on. And to top it off...Carl just came in and told me that the engine blew in the snowblower this morning.

ho hum.....my point is that I miss summer. :( Just a few more months to go....

2. LightningBolt

LightningBolt

Me too, Valley! My convertible is so cold & ignored right now, but good thing I found an old Jeep to get me around! Be careful walking in this stuff, you can drop in a second! We got about 5" new snow last night here. Bring on the warm sunshine! :)

3. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

*Peeks out from under the snow drifts* ... Brrrrrrrrr Val, me tooooooooo!
    As much as I enjoy the 4 seasons, I'm sure missin' the Palm Trees of San Diego 'bout now... :D

4. Gibble

Gibble

Who wants to trade weather with me? :p

5. Prrebel

Prrebel

Or me. The weather office is calling for between 20 - 30 cm tonight with high winds. Funny how when there is high winds, every bit of snow in town blows into my driveway:(

6. deh

deh

Heck no Gibble, that's the reason America didn't or won't take over Canada. Don't believe your history books. "Too damn cold" was the actual reason. ;)

7. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Let it Snow
    Let it Snow
    Let it Snow

The roads were icy yesterday, so I decided not to risk it.
    Stayed in my comfy bed until NOON !!!!!
    Shame on me!
    :D

8. hewee

hewee

To make you all feel better I will not tell you what the weather is like here. :cool: :cool: :D :D :cool: :cool:

9. Gibble

Gibble

LanMaster, the roads are pretty icy here all winter...but that's nice, it fills in the potholes :p

10. GreenIs

GreenIs

Just got back from picking my son up from school a walk that's only 4 minutes long there and four back with a waiting period of about ten minutes outside. It's -30f/-34c so I put on two pairs of pants, two pairs of socks(could barely get my feet into my running shoes-got to buy boots.lol), two pairs of gloves, fluffy sweater, toque and scarf, and lastly my winter jacket. All you could see was my eye's peeking out from behind the gear. I was cozy but still managed to get just a touch of frost bite on my face cheeks.

But I have to say - it's sunny and bright which makes it bearable.
    As long as the sun shines I won't complain, but as soon as it disappears again I too would love at least a warm spring day.

If it is this cold on the Monday following I am going to throw out my pride and wear my snowmobile outfit...then I will be warm. :D I'll take pic's if I do...should be a laugh. I haven't worn it in eight years since I moved down here in the southern of Ontario.

Ahhh to live in Canada...taxes, cold, and frostbite...who could ask for anything more.

11. Gibble

Gibble

I know how you feel greenie, it's been cold here too...I'm currently shivering at my desk in a golf shirt because all my sweaters were in the laundry...I'm looking at my jacket thinking I should put it on...

Of coruse I still am not using a winter jacket, -20, -30, etc as long as the jacket I use blocks the wind it's not really that cold. So I just use the shell of my jacket 99% of the time, I do keep the warm liner in the trunk though, just in case :)

12. GreenIs

GreenIs

Ha! Still trying to look cool to be cool eh!;) :p :D

Yep it's nasty out. And to think this is nothing compared to what we will be getting in February...ooooh I shudder at the thought. February is always the coldest month in Canada.

13. Prrebel

Prrebel

Geeze, now I feel bad for complaining. It is -8 here today. Probably the coldest day of the year so far. Minus 3-freakin-5! Give me our winters anyday.

14. Gibble

Gibble

It's not that I try to look cool, it's that the jacket with the liner and shell is just too bulky when I'm in the car, and considering I'm either in a warm car or building save for the 1-3 minute jaunt between the two I think I can survive with just the shell of the jacket.

Of course this building is freezing, it can't be over 18C in here right now and I'm used to 21C. I'm literally shivering.

The funny thing is, it's probably this temp to save money, but that just means half the employees bring in electric space heaters which cost more to run than just turning the heat up a few degrees would.

Stupid management.

15. littlemar

littlemar

Gibbs - want to borrow my little heater???? I have it on full blast pointing at me and I'm still cold. Those cable knit sweaters look good but they're not that warm. :eek: :(

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113729

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice