1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Glasses Direct

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by commander, Jan 24, 2007.

1. commander

commander Thread Starter

UK readers of this forum might be interested to know that the above company provide a service which allows you to order glasses over the internet (glassesdirect.co.uk), at low prices; just £15 plus £2.50 postage for a pair of single vision glasses (that includes frames and lenses).

You can pay more of course for designer name frames etc. but their basic range are of good quality. I have used them a number of times and find them very good, glasses received in about 5 working days.

A couple of minor niggles are that they will not consolidate postage like say Amazon who give free postage for orders over £15, so if you order two pairs at once you have to pay double the postage, yet they want you to order a pair for home, a pair for the office, a pair for the car etc. etc. The other is that they publish an 0870 number to ring them on rather than a freephone number which most sales departments quote these days.

2. Steppinstone

Steppinstone

I have use this place, http://www.39dollarglasses.com/ I have ordered three pair from here and one time my oldest daughter broke hers and they let me send them back, they replaced them for free and paid me back shipping.. They do have international ordering.

If you order 5 pairs you get the 6th one free ( you don't have to buy all at the same time, just have to keep the same email address as that is how they keep track of how many purchases you have made)

Chari

3. Papermoon

Papermoon

I have ordered spare pairs form 39dollarglasses.com as well. They were quick, and dependable with their service.
    Only once out of 6 orders (all my kids wear them , too) did I have a problem.
    I ordered 2 pairs, and recieved 1. Before I could even call them, I got an email saying they had a problem with the tinting on the second pair and had to remake them, so shipment was delayed.
    As compensation for the inconvenience, the refunded 25% of the cost.
    I thought that was a good way to do business.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice