1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

~GLC1034.tmp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xcs0923, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xcs0923

xcs0923 Thread Starter

I am trying to install ad aware on my machine or any other software except for spybot search and destroy. I tried to delete it and I get the same message. I went to the recovery console and deleted the file. When I boot up normally the file is automatically gets recreated. I went to the run line in the registry and there does not seem to be anything out of the ordinary. I was able to run spybot search and destroy without a problem. It found some things but it did not solve the issue. I am not sure what is putting this file in there. I am able to rename the file, but when I reboot it is automatically recreated. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance

2. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

3. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

Have you tried in safe mode ?? Tell us what is your operating system.

Try a system Restore ?

If you can go to the above link and download and paste a hijack this log here . Follow the tutorial .

4. cybertech

cybertech Moderator

That looks like a windows temp file. I get those all the time.

What is this message you are getting?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!