1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Glitch in Comcast dvr programming

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by barjo4, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barjo4

barjo4 Thread Starter

I am not sure anyone here can solve this but here goes. Comcast did an automatic upgrade recently to a new program system and it left me with a glitch. What happens is that whenever there is a up coming program on the station you are watching, a reminder comes on the bottem of the screen for a second or two. Other than being annoying, if you are putting a recorded program on to a dvdr from the dvr and the info flashes, it also appears on the dvd you just burned. I am certainly not selling dvds, but I don't like to see it on my dvd, anyway. I was told by Comcast to replace the old dvr with a new one which I did, but the problem remains.
    Thanks, John

2. compilliterate55

compilliterate55

I've got Comcast dvr and would like to know how to transfer a recording to a dvd. Can you help me?

3. barjo4

barjo4 Thread Starter

If your dvd recorder is patched into the dvr (dvr output to dvd recorder input) it should be as simple as playing back what's on the dvr and then press record on the dvd recorder.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice