Glitched Mark in Screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FlickyCharlotte

Currently sitting in my room stressed so in the bottom right of my screen on my Asus notebook PC is a black sort of glitched mark like it was leant on is there anyway to fix this issue or am I dead

Attachments

I had an Acer in here with a similar problem on the top right corner. Replaced the screen and everything was fine.

What is the exact model number of the laptop? (The model number is often on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop).

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
Looks like a cracked screen, replacement screen would cost around £45 in UK.

What country are you in ?

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
There are several layers in a laptop screen and the crack can be behind the front surface.

Anyhow whatever it is you can live with it or replace the screen.

How does it look when you have the Windows desktop onscreen ? Does the taskbar hide it ?

FlickyCharlotte

There are several layers in a laptop screen and the crack can be behind the front surface.

Anyhow whatever it is you can live with it or replace the screen.

How does it look when you have the Windows desktop onscreen ? Does the taskbar hide it ?
The task bar doesn't hide it

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
Well does it make it look less obvious ? I mean could you live with it like that ?

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
Have a look on Ebay.com.au there are some screens and some whole screen assemblies which would be easier to fit but cost more.

This video shows how to fit a new screen :-

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online