Global Template ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Claudia Coffey

Can not close window because of a change in my global template What the heck is it and how do I fix it ? It wants to know if I want to save my changes to my Global Template.

Welcome to TSG

Well I don't know what it is either but if you didn't change anything on purpose then select NO...

Savvy :)

Moving to windows forum, should get a better response if anyone has an idea

I would assume it's something running in the background.

Go to start/run/type msinfo32 and press enter, go to the software tab, expand it, choose startup programs, you should see a list in the right hand pane. Go to the edit menu, choose select all, back to the edit menu, choose copy, then paster the list back into this thread.

Hopefully someone will notice a program running that may be causing the error.

I don't know if this applies. It's all I could find so far.

How to Avoid Messages Regarding Saving Changes to the Global Template File

1. Login to one workstation as exec.
2. Open Microsoft Word.
3. Create a new document (it can be blank or you can type a few characters in it).
4. Click File, Save.
5. In the Save as dialog box, click the up arrow and find C:\Program files\Msoffice\templates\webpages.
6. Click Save.
7. Close Word and log off.

Is it a Word Doc you cannot close? The Global Template is also known as Normal.dot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online