1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gmail account ?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sportman13, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sportman13

sportman13 Thread Starter

I have been locked out of my my Gmail account it told me wants my mobile phone number I do\ not have a mobile phone never did now I can not get my account did anyone else have this happen or know where to get my account back ?

2. ZP-Apps

ZP-Apps

You should also have the option of a "Voice Call". In that case you can enter your Home Phone and answer the phone when it rings.

3. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

4. ZP-Apps

ZP-Apps

Hey, blues_harp28

The first link you posted is broken.

5. sportman13

I signed up to Gmail account never using a mobile phone number I do not have a mobile phone never did now I can not get my account did anyone else have this happen here is the message ?

Account temporarily disabled
    To immediately restore access to your account, enter your mobile phone number below, and we'll send you a text message with a verification code.
    Verification Options
    Text Message
    Google will send a text message containing a verification code to your mobile phone.
    Voice Call
    Google will make an automated voice call to your phone with a verification code.
    Country

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If you never entered a mobile phone number then someone hacked your account and changed all the security settings. Your only option is to try to work it out with Google.

7. sportman13

DoubleHelex where are all the security settings.in Gmail ?

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Settings -> Accounts and Import -> Google Account Settings -> Change Password Recovery Options.

9. sportman13

DoubleHelix am only seeing

Account temporarily disabled
    To immediately restore access to your account, enter your mobile phone number below, and we'll send you a text message with a verification code.
    Verification Options
    Text Message
    Google will send a text message containing a verification code to your mobile phone.
    Voice Call
    Google will make an automated voice call to your phone with a verification code.
    Country

where are the other settings you -> Accounts and Import -> Google Account Settings -> Change Password Recovery Options?

10. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Yes, that's right. You can't change the security settings if you can't log into the account. Your account must have been hacked if you're being asked to enter information you never provided. We can't help you with that. You have to try to contact Google to see if it's possible to prove it's your account.

11. sportman13

DoubleHeliex I have to try to contact Google to see if it's possible to prove it's my account.I tryed do you know a forum or email address to contact Google?

12. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

13. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

14. sportman13

I can loggin with my old passwoed if I Reset My Gmail / Google Account Password would I get my account back

15. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice