Solved Gmail buffering like crazy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jllp

The last few days when I go to the inbox for my Gmail, it just keeps buffering and buffering and buffering. I have tried a couple of things when I Googled it, but nothing has worked. Any fixes that anyone has found? This is on my Android phone. Thank you.

TerryNet

Terry
I do not have any Android devices, but when I encounter a similar problem on an iPhone I close a bunch of open Apps (including the one with the problem) or else turn the phone off and then back on after a brief wait.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Email doesn't buffer...

Step 1 would be to reboot, step 2 would be to check for Android and the mail app updates, step 3 would be to remove and re-add the account.

jllp

I do not have any Android devices, but when I encounter a similar problem on an iPhone I close a bunch of open Apps (including the one with the problem) or else turn the phone off and then back on after a brief wait.
Thank you.

jllp

Email doesn't buffer...

Step 1 would be to reboot, step 2 would be to check for Android and the mail app updates, step 3 would be to remove and re-add the account.
Thank you.

jllp

It now eventually stops buffering after about a minute, but it still does it. I tried everything you suggested.

TerryNet

Terry
If you also tried Rob's Step 2 and Step 3 suggestions the problem may be an issue of the Gmail server or the internet service you are using or the route between them. Do you get this with multiple connections (e.g., cell service and your home wireless and a free public Wi-Fi)?

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Ok, but what does "buffering" mean? That's not a normal term to reference email issues.

TerryNet

Terry
What I meant by "similar problem" on the iPhone is sometimes I open an App (e.g., Feedly to get news and sports headlines or the built-in Weather App) I'll just get a little spinning wheel (meaning that the App is trying to download something) that continues for a long time or "forever." That is not what we normally mean by "buffering" but like buffering it causes us to wait and wait.

Obviously we need to learn what jllp means.

jllp

Ok, but what does "buffering" mean? That's not a normal term to reference email issues.
When I go to my Gmail initially, it goes directly to my inbox, and then the blue circle keeps going around and around and around and around and around. That's what I mean by buffering.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
OK, that's just it trying to connect not called buffering.

Are you using the Gmail app or the built-in Android mail app? What phone and Android version do you have? Have you reboot and checked for Android and Play Store app updates?

jllp

Gmail app.
Samsung J7 V
Android 7.0
Yes, checked for updates

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online