GMAIL : delete emails one at a time ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

muddy123

do i have to click each email (little box on left) , one at a time ? is there a faster way ? then, i have to do the same thing in the trash bin, 'delete forever'; i'm trying to delete from my gmail/all mail folder in outlook express, as well; thanks

bicycle bill

Banned
You should be able to highlight the first one in the group you want to delete highlight the last one hold down shift and click delete.Sorry if I insult your intelligence.

DoubleHelix

Banned
You're describing the Gmail web interface. If you want to delete multiple messages at once, put a check mark next to each message you want to delete, and the click Delete. Not sure what else you're looking for there.

There's absolutely no reason to go to Trash and click Delete Forever. I've never done that, and I've had a Gmail account for many, many years. You get a huge amount of storage, and it's probably safe to assume that should you actually get even close to that limit, Gmail will probably empty out the old messages for you.

1002richards

Retired Trusted Advisor
Hi muddy123,
In my Gmail account, along the top line there's an empty tick box just like the tick box (sorry 'check box') alongside each email. If I tick ('check') that box it puts a tick ('check') in all the others below.
Does that work for you?

Hope this helps

Richard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online