1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gmail downloading email over and over in company account

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Skatemom38, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Skatemom38

Skatemom38 Thread Starter

I have a small company, I have a guy who hosts my website & company email. Several months ago I sent out an email to about 20 people (I'm a recruiter) apparently one of the emails was corrupted and I got a virus. Immediately after sending the email I was unable to send email and received this message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Share?', Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E.

I still can't send from my company account via outlook and it keeps downloading all my email over and over. When downloading over and over it says "McAfee Security" but I don't have McAfee anymore, I use Webroot. Also this happens regardless of the desktop/laptop that I am using. I can access my company email via gmail but it's very inconvenient.

I want to fix my email and then find a new company to for my website/company email.

I readily admit to being a very non-technical person - I seriously miss my corporate IT team!

Many thanks.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Your IP address is on several email blacklists. If gmail uses any of those lists that is the possible reason you cannot send mail--you are being blocked. That may also explain the continual download of the same messages--if gmail is looking for an acknowledgment that you received the message but blocks the reply.

I don't know how you get a virus from sending a corrupted message, but if you still have malware you may want to visit our Virus and Other Malware Removal forum; if you do be sure to read the mandatory sticky at the top.

3. Skatemom38

It wouldn't surprise me to be on an email blacklist. I'm a national recruiting consultant and I know my email was "blocked" by one of the Big 4 public accounting firms. So how do I fix it? How do I stop it from downloading over and over and get it to allow me to send. Can I just move my account to a new company to host my website/company email and do away with gmail? As to the Malware - I don't have a virus on my computer, it's only in my company email when it is opened via outlook. Thanks

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    There is information on that site to which I linked, and more specific information on many of the blackmail list sites. I know no more than what I read there.

I don't know how gmail is about providing help; if possible you may want to contact them to see if it fact you are blocked, and if so how you can get in their good graces again.

5. Skatemom38

Ok, I'll try but it seems like if it was gmail then it would block me always - it only blocks my emails when I go through outlook - I can send emails directly from my gmail account. Thanks for info

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You may be right; I certainly have no idea of all the detailed differences in using web mail vs. an email client.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973872

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice