1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gmail, Google search results, & nearly all text boxes in bold???

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by machv, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. machv

machv Thread Starter

I am having trouble with my Arial font coming through in bold. I have Googled this problem and tried all three fixes one for running Firefox in compatibility mode, one for turning off hardware acceleration neither of those worked. But the last one that I found suggested that I reinstall my Arial font due to it maybe being corrupted somehow. I did this and restarted Firefox and yes it was back to normal. However the fix does not last past a reboot (hard or normal (aka soft)), or hibernating, or after waking up from a nap (sleep). I can however reinstall the font that I got and fix the problem again but I want it to last. Does anyone know what may be causing this. All I can think of is running the Arial32.exe as administrator, it's the only thing that I haven't tried... yet.

I also haven't tried using a *.ttf type font installer but if I do that what should (if I have to) name/rename the font file in order for it to overwrite the original default Arial font for Windows. I am asking that because I don't know where to find the list of installed fonts for windows and or if the default Arial font has a different filename associated with it. I am running Windows 7 64bit just in case that has anything to do with the reason why the Arial32.exe is having trouble sticking.

Thanks for any help and if I manage to figure it out on my own I will post the fix for others. And for those of you out there who are having the same problem and are looking for an answer let me know if you want me to write out each of the fixes and their sources.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!