1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gmail Help

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kiregar, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kiregar

kiregar Thread Starter

Hi all,

Thanks to 700mb80min. I now have a Gmail account. There is a problem, well not really a problem but more of a nuisance that I'm trying to figure out.

The problem I'm having is that when I try to click on the "contacts" link it doesn't do anything. No page loads up or anything, it's like the link is dead or something :confused: 700..... said that nobody's works at the start and I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to enable it or when it will start working because it's just a bother to have to type in or copy/paste the email addresses in every time I want to email someone. I don't know if this is happening because they are still testing it out or what, but if anyone has any info on it please let me know. I've even tried to find an email link or address I can write to google about this and ask them, but haven't found one yet :( Any help will be appreciated and have a great day. :)

kiregar

2. kiregar

kiregar Thread Starter

I figured it out..... :D

It was Firefox's built in pop up blocker that was keeping the contact list from opening and the help link from opening as well.

I went through the list of things that would keep a window from not opening up and I tried to allow the site to open them up and sure enough it works :D

kiregar

3. mknott

mknott

whats gmail :confused:

4. kiregar

kiregar Thread Starter

Gmail is google's new email service.

It's like hotmail or yahoomail only better in my personal opinion.

It's still in BETA testing form so you have to be invited to be able to use it.

Once I get some invites, I'll start inviting people here on the forum if they can answer a question correctly for me :D

kiregar

5. mknott

mknott

ahh i see.. i use my isp email so dont worrie about web mail (my isp has webmail access)

6. tajaemax

tajaemax

I use my ISP email for anything important and a web based for all of the stupid junk i do online (unfortunatly TSG got lumped into that group before i knew it was a good site). I like being able to let an account die if it gets clogged with spam.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273790

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice