1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gmail & Hotmail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Sid9678, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sid9678

Sid9678 Thread Starter

Does anyone know how to block a sender in hotmail and gmail? I know in hotmail you can report a sender as spam but I would like to block a specific sender and how the e-mail returned to that sender. Is there anyway you can do that through hotmail and gmail?

The sender that I would like to block is someone that I know but I no longer want to receive any e-mails from. I would like to block them and have the e-mailed returned to that sender so they know that I'm not even reading their e-mails.

2. kath100

kath100

In Gmail you can create a filter.
    Put the email address in the from field then pick the option to forward the email back to the sender.
    eg if you want to block [email protected] the rule would be...
    from [email protected] forward to [email protected]
    Just click on create a filter and it will be apparent what to do.
    :)

3. Sid9678

Sid9678 Thread Starter

Thanks. I tried that and it sends the e-mail back but I still get the e-mail. I don't want to even get the e-mail, I just want it send back to the sender without any knowledge of receiving it.

4. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

You can use the filter to forward it to the person AND to move it to your trash so you won't see it, but there's no way to block it from coming in at all.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/387126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice