1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GMail in outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by tony_montana, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony_montana

tony_montana Thread Starter

For some reason i am unable to get gmail messages to be sent to a folder designated for it. Everytime i send gmail an email it goes to the default personal folders tab.

ideally i want my gmail to go to a separate tab just like my microsoft account and not have my gmail messages assimilated under the default personal folders tab.

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi tony_montana

In Outlook 2007:
    Use Tools > Rules and Alerts > New Rule
    Start from a blank rule, have it check messages when they arrive
    Use the condition: through the specified account, select the Gmail account.
    For the action, have the messages moved to the specified folder, select the folder.

After clicking Finish, click: Run Rules Now, all messages received from the Gmail account, in the Inbox, should be moved to the specified folder.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/738313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice