1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gmail in Windows Live One Mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by thundercraft, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thundercraft

thundercraft Thread Starter

Hi,

I am in the process of switching my internet service from Bell Dial Up to the Bell Turbo Hub. This new hub will allow me to receive high speed service in an area that is not currently offering high speed at speeds up to 7MB/S.
    The problem is that I will have to change my email address when I cancel the dial up service. This means that I will need to set up a new email address in Hotmail or Gmail. I chose Gmail and have just set up a new account.

I also use Windows Live One mail as a resident client due to fact that I have many committees that I belong to and have a great deal of folders with correspondence I must keep. I have two questions;

1. Once I cancel my Bell Dial Up service will all of the emails filed in my folders in WLM be retained. I would think so because they are now on my hard Drive but I would appreciate some confirmation?

2. Can I set up Gmail in WLM to allow for continued filing of incoming emails to their respective folders? If so how do I do that?

Your help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    As long as you don't delete the account from WLM and as long as WLM doesn't have some kind of serious problem and as long as a disk failure doesn't wipe them out. You do have at least one backup copy, right?

3. thundercraft

thundercraft Thread Starter

Right!

Thank you!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/965664

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice