1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gmail Inbox

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jflan, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jflan

jflan Thread Starter

Would like to set a bookmark for my Gmail Inbox, but instead of going directly to Inbox, I get the Gmail settings page over my Inbox.
    It's a pain to have to clear the Settings page on each visit.
    Using SUSE and Firefox.
    Any ideas?
    Regards,
    JF

2. Red Boy

Red Boy

jflan, I have not tried to set up gmail as a bookmark. But I have made a gmail shortcut to my desktop. I just right clicked on the inbox page, clicked shortcut and it made one to my desktop. Now when I want to check my gmail, I just double click the shortcut on my desktop and up pops the inbox page.

I hope that I understood your question correctly and that the foregoing may assist you, or provide some insight as to how you may resolve your problem.

Good Luck,
    Red Boy

3. jflan

jflan Thread Starter

Red Boy,

Thanks for the response. Actually, I am basically doing the same thing, just bookmarking instead of a desktop shortcut.

My problem is that I must first clear the "Settings" page before I can see my inbox.
    I've done this before successfully and it's strange that this annoying Settings page shows up first.
    JF
    Who can strike keys approx 25x faster than he can think :)

4. jflan

jflan Thread Starter

<Bump>

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/465539

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice