1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gmail invites

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by MN_N8VTech, Feb 4, 2005.

Advertisement
  1. MN_N8VTech

MN_N8VTech Thread Starter

First thing is, does anyone else have gmail that just got a ton of invitations in their inbox? I want to hear from at least a couple other people to be sure its not just a fluke. Then if they remain Ill be happy to give out quite a few here. Ive gotten out of countless jams thanks to TSG and dont always have the funds to donate, so at least I can contribute this. If this isnt some kind of screw up and they dont disappear Ill give away no less than 75 invites. Maybe a few more.

2. Big-K

Big-K

There are three left in my older account(which I don't use as much because it now gets spam, caused by a form email), but 50 in the newer one, which is 3 or 4 days old. I'll also be giving away at least 53 now. PM for one(email, full name). I hadn't noticed...

3. MN_N8VTech

Cool,I think mine just came today. Same thing as Big-k said for me,email with full name (real or fake I dont care) and email address. Also Ive heard that yahoo and hotmail block gmail invites. I cant say for sure if thats so, but I did send one girl with a yahoo email something like 3 invites and she never saw one. But who knows.

4. MN_N8VTech

Who do you use for a host big-k? Not a free one Im assuming? How much are they?

5. Big-K

Big-K

You know whats amazing? It is free:) McTimson informed me of one Hostrocket, its in the links section.

As far as I know yahoo doesnt block them, as I sent one(two accidentally) to my yahoo account not three days ago(tuesday).

6. MN_N8VTech

Wow,free and no ads? Do they give you dns server names to link to a domain name? (not sure if Im saying that right,web design stuff/terms isnt really my strongest area)

7. Big-K

Big-K

Just look at the site and see what they give. Its somewhat limited, 20 megs of space I think, plenty of bandwidth for the little traffic I get, only online file uploading(although they give you a specific IP address, so I assume you can use ftp). I think they also have some sort of mail system too. It's quite good for a small site like mine, where you don't have loads of large files, just hundreds of small htm/jpg ones.

8. MN_N8VTech

Sweet Im gonna check that out when I have time,thanks.

9. MN_N8VTech

Turns out I actually have 150 invites to give away. :D

10. CoasterFreak

CoasterFreak

First Name:
    Everett
  11. somefellow

somefellow

G-mail has swamped people with invites as a release is sure to come within a couple of weeks ...i presently have about 300 invites and thats after giving away at least 100 in the early stages of the g-mail hype. All the popular names are gone and they are worth very little now , about 10 cents a piece on ebay.

12. moonmist

moonmist

Well, this is odd...........i had 9 invites left..........just checked, now i have none :eek: .....not sure what happened there. :confused:

13. bill.aam

bill.aam

Anyone have an invite they're willing to part with?

Thanks in advance.. Bill

14. DiSaidSo

DiSaidSo

Hey, homey.... I just checked and the exact same thing happened to me! :confused: I had nine and now that link is gone. Weeeeeeeird! But it's OK. Everyone that was going to get one from me has gotten one, so....

15. somefellow

somefellow

the link is moved ...look to the bottom left under " labels " , that is where the invites are now .

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326581

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice