Gmail/Livejournal problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eruanna

I'm completely at a loss with this problem, so I really hope someone's able to help me.

Since the 19th of December, I have been unable to post to my Livejournal on my computer, but as far as I know, it works on my friends computer. I can occasionally post updates if they're only a couple of words, but not anything longer than a sentence or two. I also can't edit old posts or my userinfo. I filed a support request there, but they haven't found any problems as yet, and no one else has the same problem.

I was away for the holidays, so I took a break from it - now that I'm back, the problem is the same, and I'm also having problems with Gmail - I can't save or send emails longer than a few sentences.

This is very odd, as I am having no problem posting to forums or emailing from my college email. I can also receive email no problem, and I can comment on LJ.

I keep getting different errors in Firefox - occasionally "the document contains no data" and sometimes "the connection to the server was reset", but generally just a blank page, or it gets stuck on the same page. It also doesn't work in IE, and I get a "cannot find server" error.

I have Norton Internet Security 2006, but I disabled, uninstalled and reinstalled it and tried it each time and it had no affect. Disabling firewalls also has no affect. I've done virus scans and I have none, and no spyware either. I also tried the programs in Safe Mode and I've done a "system restore". Nothing has worked.

It seems to be a problem with just these two websites, but as they're unrelated and my computer is the only one with the problem, I'm getting very confused. I haven't changed any settings since they worked last.

eruanna

This problem now seems to be fixed, but I really don't know why - I'd love if someone could fathom some sort of explanation for me.

I have a proxy connection that I use to log into my college websites, that I switch off for other sites as sometimes it affects the download - and always affected posting on LJ. But now, when that's on, Gmail and Livejournal work no problem. Does this make any sense whatsoever?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online