1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gmail ? (Moved from Windows 10 forum)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sportman12, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sportman12

sportman12 Thread Starter

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Add to what ?
    alphabetical order in what box

3. sportman12

When you add a google account here get back to me

Attached Files:

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    sorry not following you
    Thats the website and will list all the accounts you use

5. sportman12

When you add a google account and save the password and you have more then one account Example gmail account [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] and others accounts can you put em alphabetical order when you click in the box ? get back to me please

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i dont think so - mine never does and I log into a lot of different gmail email accounts

7. sportman12

Gmail could I put it in alphabetical order with an save password add on I use firefox ?

8. lakrsrool

lakrsrool

Each account you add to the Google login page WILL be listed in alphabetical order. That's the way Google does it by default (automatically) on their multiple account login page. It doesn't matter what browser you're using, it's a Google UI website so works the same on any browser.

In your Example gmail account [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] the order would be:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Notice below that the account holders name is in alphabetical order and if the account name is the same then the order depends upon the email address. (ordered by email address within account holders name) I have removed most of the names on accounts and email address for privacy reasons leaving only the first two characters to illustrate what occurs on the Google multi-account login page.

Gmail multi account Login.png

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  9. sportman12

"lakrsrool,
    Each account you add to the Google login page will be listed in alphabetical order it 's the way Google does it by default (automatically) on their multiple account login page. It doesn't matter what browser you're using, it's a Google UI website so works the same on any browser. When I put 10 accounts I see 10 on the choose account list like your screenshot When going in the box where you go to add a save password account it dose not list in alphabetical order should it get back to me please

10. lakrsrool

lakrsrool

I'm confused as to what you mean, this image I posted will display if you're not logged into any Gmail accounts, which of course is the Gmail interface on the web to login to any one of the Gmail accounts listed.

Can you post an image of what you're talking about regarding "When going in the box where you go to add a save password account it dose not list in alphabetical order"?

11. sportman12

"lakrsrool, in the screenshot "When going in the box where you go to add a save password account it dose not list in alphabetical order[Example when google accounts are saved passwords in enter your email 1 thru 10 accounts I see order is 123456789 in order when I go to save account 10 it puts underneath account 1 not underneath account 9 ?

Attached Files:

12. lakrsrool

lakrsrool

Your attached images are not showing what you describe (probably because what you see on your computer other people cannot on their computer) and the method you're using to create the image is not capturing what you see at the time apparently.

That said, whatever it is that your describing (not sure) when going to "add a save password account" you see an enumerated list of something. This list you are referring to is apparently listed numerically and not alphabetically by "by email address within account holders name" as I posted above. Because of listing numerically the "10" is put under the "1" because both have the digit "1" in the number. Regardless of this if you log-out of Gmail and then use the Gmail login interface you will find that the accounts will be listed alphabetically by account holders name, if there are duplicate account holders then within those duplicate account holders name they will be listed by email address.

If this doesn't explain what it is that concerns you try taking a SCREEN SHOT of what you are talking about. To do this when you have what you're describing on your computer then take a screen-shot and paste it to a graphic utility i.e. Windows Paint. When you have the webpage displayed (press both the ALT+PRT SC keys at the same time) to get the screen-shot (this copies the image to the computers clipboard) then launch Window Paint and paste the screen-shot into Windows Paint by right-clicking in the window and selecting "paste" from the context menu displayed, make sure private information is removed (use eraser for example) then save the file in Windows Paint in a folder you can find and then attach using "Upload File" in this topic (search to find where you saved the file) to post that saved Paint File to this topic. The method you're using to display the image you're seeing is not working.

13. sportman12

"lakrsrool, I can not seem to make a screenshot do this add accounts like you have in your screenshot save password to thoese accounts see in thet list in alphabetical order[Example when you click on enter your email you will get a pull down of your accounts is it in list in alphabetical order"?

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1160580

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice