Gmail not working on Windows 10 computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ZoeAnn

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20191013141807.000000-420
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6006U CPU @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 78 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 452 GB (380 GB Free); D: 11 GB (1 GB Free);
Motherboard: HP 8328, ver 23.21, s/n PGNERH21U77SAL
System: Insyde, ver HPQOEM - 0, s/n CND7194R90
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
ESET antivirus installed April 8, 2020

I have two Gmail accounts that were working fine prior to April 8. Now they can only be accessed from my Android S7 phone. On my laptop, in the G suite Dashboard for Chrome and IE, it shows disruption of service 4-8-20 to 4-9-20. Chrome has the Technical numeric code 1010, while the IE code is 4.
In both browsers, I have cleared cookies, cache, temp files and browsing history, closed and reopened the browsers and restarted the computer. IE is using Microsoft Edge.
What else can I try?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm currently using Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363 64-bit.
I attempted to log into my Gmail account with both my Internet Explorer 11.0.180 and Mozilla Firefox 75.0 browsers.
The log-in process in both browsers went fine, and I was able to access my messages.

I see in your log that you have ESET Antivirus installed instead of using Windows 10's built-in antivirus app.
Windows 10 can have various issues when using a third-party antivirus app, so it's usually recommended not to install one.
That may be what's causing your Gmail issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It seems that this has happened before but no solution from Google was given. I am assuming it's something to do with the account status... Some users logged out of the account (I believe you should still be able to access the account info on the top right). Out of interest, can you log into YouTube (uses Google account)?

One user was successful by attempting a recovery of the account.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online