1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gmail notifier not working

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ROGER7721, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ROGER7721

ROGER7721 Thread Starter

Good day,
    I have a new problem for you to solve regarding the G mail Notifier that sits in the task-bar and alerts me to any new message. One reason I use G mail is so that I can get a notifier that is always visible and immediately tells me when i have a new email and even shows briefly who it is from and part of the message
    The notifier is not connecting to gmail. i have reloaded the notifier 3 times to no avail.
    Icon tn taskbar has a question mark on it signifying non-connectivity.
    when i put my cursor over the icon, it reads,
    "cannot read your messages (bad data);1"
    I can still double click icon and connect to G mail page.
    I can't figure out the problem, maybe you have a solution, thank you for your time, Roger.

2. antech

antech Banned

You always ask very complicated questions.....
    What do you mean by reloading the Gmail notifier??
    Do you mean reinstalling?
    Try uninstalling it with revo uninstaller completely and then deleting all the left over files and registry entries and then installing it.
    Try a update to the program if it is available

3. bobelinho

bobelinho

4. ROGER7721

ROGER7721 Thread Starter

I DID AS YOU SAID, UNINSTALLED USING REVO, CLEANED REGISTRY, SEARCHED FOR RELEVANT FILES AND DELETED. RE-INSTALLED GMAIL NOTIFIER, SAME PROBLEM.
    NOW I HAVE A NEW PROBLEM, I CANT GET MY EMAIL TO LOAD, I GET TO MY PAGE WHICH SHOWS MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND A BLANK BAR, BUT NOTHING HAPPENS.THE BROWSER , FIREFOX, IS WHERE I HAVE MY GMAIL NOTIFIER ACCESS.
    I CAN GET MY EMAIL GOOGLE CHROME, NO PROBLEM.:mad:

5. bobelinho

bobelinho

Is JavaScript enabled in Firefox ?

6. pcs365_4

pcs365_4

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918521