1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gmail, Outlook 2007 and me

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by pilgrim33ad, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilgrim33ad

pilgrim33ad Thread Starter

I have had terrible trouble with my gmail acct for about 2 or 3 years and have decided to say a fond farewell, but first I synced with Outlook2007 and imported my archived files. My gmail files read 24,432 files, but only about 8701 end up in Outlook during an import.

I have too many files to save one by one, but many are acct related and imperative: it involves my writing, royalties, websites, business and hosting accts ,personal letters, and stats from the years 2005 till now. I once before a few years ago took the better part of a day and was able to download the files into outlook and save them.

Is there anyway to get my files backed up in full outside of a mail client? The problem I have been having looks like more than one person has been accessing my account and I can not be sure of Google's complicity or ignorance of the matter. I fear that in an effort to circumvent the courts and take over my sites, publications, etc, some folks have tiered the account and gifted themselves with my critical email.

In any event, my most urgent concern is copying all my emails for a reliable back up, and unfortunately, though I hate to leave the convenience of gmail, move to a more 'responsive' service. 15 years of my online work is at stake as are royalties, reputation, etc. Can anyone help? Also, who is the most authoritative person to report this problem to? I have received no help from Gmail abuse nor Google Legal, and even received one response saying they were not going to get a group of spammers off my Plus acct to the point I had to shut it down.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060371

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice