1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

gmail receives but won't send emails in windows live mail

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by lotuscat, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuscat

lotuscat Thread Starter

gmail is set-up and sends and receives emails on its website. I then set it up on Windows 10 running Windows Live Mail. However, although gmail on the computer can send emails ok, it refuses to receive them. error
    message comes up as follows- Windows Server Error (imap.gmail.com), portal POP3, port 993, secure SSL Yes.
    Windows Live Mail Error ID O x 800 CCC 90. I can still send emails through the website, it is Windows Live
    Mail which will not send emails. All other email addresses I have send and receive emails through Windows
    Live Mail so the problem seems to be with the gmail address, any help how to solve this, have looked at UTube
    and various blogs but haven't found a solution.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!