1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gmail Subject Line Gets Auto-changed on Replies

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by moonstruckam, Oct 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moonstruckam

moonstruckam Thread Starter

I use gmail for work, and often need to write replies from my bosses' gmail accounts as well. It's been fine to have all three gmail accounts open in chrome for the past three years, I've been able to write replies without any issue, and now a very weird issue has started - whenever I reply to an email from either of my bosses' email addresses, it changes the subject line of that reply to one of their email addresses.

For clarity, let's say their emails are [email protected] and [email protected]. If I hit reply, reply-all, in either bossA or bossB's account, that reply will automatically have the subject line "[email protected]" for BOTH of their accounts, just bossB's email address.

This is consistent in Chrome when I use it on both my 2018 MacBook Pro which is all up to date, or my 2016 iMac which I believe it also up to date. It does not happen in Safari, or on my boss's computers. I feel like it must have something to do with auto-fill in Chrome under my gmail, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot. Any advice would be super appreciated!!

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    HAve you tried clearing out the AutoFill?

upload_2019-10-10_8-42-52.png

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice