1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Going back to the free ZoneAlarm

Discussion in 'General Security' started by 15Peter20, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 15Peter20

15Peter20 Thread Starter

A couple of weeks ago I was prompted to download a new version of ZoneAlarm, and I must have accidentally downloaded the non-free version because it's telling me about the impending end of my trial.

To go back to the free version do I just have to uninstall this version and start over, or is there another way?

2. starnelka

starnelka

First Name:
    Vow
    There are better programs than free ZoneAlarm. I found it was nothing but trouble............

3. hairbender1950

hairbender1950

My mom did the very same thing.

I just uninstalled the version she had installed. I had saved the free Zonealarm installation file in a folder, so I just installed it again and updated it, but was careful to get the Free one.

If You didn't save the installation file, you can just download the free version again.:)

4. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

I am not fond of the free ZoneAlarm firewall as it is missing some features I use, but have run the Suite, Pro, and the AntiVirus bundles (not at the same time, obviously) for several years now and like them. I tried others (Comodo and PCTools) and stayed with ZA.

5. rbalaji

rbalaji

I have had no problems with zone alarm free. I have read reviews that it is not anywhere near the best out there, but I am behind a hardware firewall in my router anyways, so I am not that concerned about it not being bulletproof. I like the interface (more like, I have gotten used to it), and it is reasonably unobtrusive and trouble-free (few, infrequent updates, no crashes, no conflicts with other security products, etc.).

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/800893

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice