1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Going back to XP?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by xxLissaJanexx, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxLissaJanexx

xxLissaJanexx Thread Starter

I bought the XP operating system because I don't like Vista. I read the instructions for installation and I meet all but one of the requirements to do an upgrade. It says I must have a previous version of Windows that supports the upgrade. Since Vista is the most current, do I need to select New Installation or can I still do the upgrade option to keep my files and settings?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

You can't upgrade from Vista to XP. You need to install fresh to a blank drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702221

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice