1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Going from Outlook Express to Outlook how to do that

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by NJMom130, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJMom130

NJMom130 Thread Starter

Hi!

My husband is currently using Outlook express 6 to receive email from our optimum online account. He heard from a friend that Outlook is easier than Outlook Express.

I need to know how to get the mail to go to Outlook instead of Outlook Express and also how to import his address book from Outlook Express to Outlook. I did import but only individual contacts copied. He has 4 groups listed in his address book and they did not move over.

Is one better then the other?

Thanks for your help.

Nancy

2. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

For email, Outlook Express is better than Outlook. If an opinion is the only reason for shifting, please do not do so. You will get various opinions even in this forum on this topic.

Think about shifting to Outlook only if you have some specific problem with Outlook Express and it can't be solved.

I would recommend you stay with Outlook Express.

3. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

And personally, I have found Outlook more difficult than Outlook Express. There are so many other things involved in it that using it only for emails is not my choice. However, as I said earlier, you will get lots of opinions here and it will differ widely.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217519

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice