1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Golf heckling

Discussion in 'Controversial Topics' started by Brigham, May 18, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. Brigham

Brigham Thread Starter

First Name:
    John
    I have just heard about the heckling of Sergio Garcia at Sawgrass GC in the players championship. Apparently he was loudly urged to "Hit it in the water" and various other taunts on his backswing. I have been interested in golf for many years, and in that time I have only known one other case of that sort of thing, which happened to Colin Montgomery in the Ryder cup. Is it time to stop the sale of alcohol at these events?
    This maybe in the wrong section. If so feel free to change it.

2. ckphilli

ckphilli

Nah, too much money to be lost by prohibiting the sale of alcohol. Let them eat cake. If the golfer isn't professional enough to hit under any conditions, I question his skill.

3. Brigham

Brigham Thread Starter

First Name:
    John
    You're obviously not a golfer. Apart from that there is the question of sportsmanship.

4. ckphilli

ckphilli

Actually I am. Sportsmanship is very important and tickets to these things are very expensive. I don't condone it, but the Pros should be able to take a little heckling. Don't you remember the circus that followed Tiger Woods? He did alright back then.

5. Brigham

Brigham Thread Starter

First Name:
    John
    In this case all the heckling was for him, and I never heard a sound on his backswing,

6. storage_man

storage_man

Its going to be fun to watch the US Open Championship next month. Since the course was built right next to a set of rail tracks, we will see how the pros handle the train horns !

7. Brigham

Brigham Thread Starter

First Name:
    John
    This will not be a problem. The speed the pros play, they will wait until the train is long gone.

8. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    I don't think you really want to take alcohol away. The Fans will be even crazier...:eek: You're always gonna have Loudmouth Showoffs, at any event...However I do think there should be some kind of action taken when a Fan screams during the Swing....One warning and then Removal of the Offender....After all, it's a Gentleman's Sport....:cool:

9. Brigham

Brigham Thread Starter

First Name:
    John
    It can't be. I play it!

10. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22

Every sport has it's hecklers, and it has little to do with the alcohol served, and more to do with obnoxious personalities. And unfortunately, those personalities can't be eliminated with regulations. ;) These guys are professionals, and should be able to overcome it. If nothing else, the money should be a good motivator to do so.

11. Wino

Wino

If they're married, heckling shouldn't affect them at all!(y):D

12. Bastiat

Bastiat

Just want to point out that golf is not a sport neither is tennis, they're games.

13. Brigham

Brigham Thread Starter

First Name:
    John
    What's the difference, and does it matter? At least with golf and tennis there is a scoring system so that players can know if they won or not. I have an objection to, so called sports that rely on judges, like skating and dressage.

14. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Dressage?

15. Brigham

Brigham Thread Starter

First Name:
    John
    Horses doing peculiar things.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice