1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gone Today Back tomorrow

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Eureka, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eureka

Eureka Thread Starter

Hi there

When doing a scan using My Free Version of AVG it told me I have a Virus called Backdoor.Lastdoor then I found out thow to remove it so I followed what I was told to remove it (Got the removal info from the trend website) so I do a scan after following the instructions on the Trend website run AVG seems ot be gone Happy Days I htink to Myself.

Tonight (24 hours after all of the above) I run Housecall (Trend) and while thats scanning the AVG window appears telling me I have got the Backdoor.Lastdoor Virus again. I dunno why but I am starting to think that htis Virus is coming with the download from the Trend Housecall website because when you do the scan from the housecall site you have to download something and it's the only thing I can think of that may of given me this Virus again.

So how can I get rid of this again and make sure it don't come back again.

Thanks for any help in advance.

PS: This is how Trend Micro tells me how to get rid of this Virus which I followed.
    Log on as Administrator.
    Right-click the My Computer icon on the desktop and click Properties.
    Click the System Restore tab.
    Select Turn off System Restore.
    Click Apply > Yes > OK.
    Continue with the scan/clean process. Files under the _Restore folder can now be deleted.
    Re-enable System Restore by clearing Turn off System Restore.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/180139

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice